Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions (Revised 1 July 2020)
The Cocoa Trees
Please read the terms and conditions below carefully as they contain important notices. You are agreeable to these terms when you surf this website. Otherwise, please do not access this site or any web page thereof.
No Warranty for the website and/or Materials
The Cocoa Trees does not warrant the accuracy, correctness or completeness of this website and images within this site, nor for the liability of errors or omissions in materials to this website. Also, The Cocoa Trees does not warrant that this website and its materials are free of any computer virus or other malicious, destructive, or corrupting code/program. The Cocoa Trees shall not be liable for any damage of loss of any kind caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of the Site, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the contents contained in or available from the Site.
The Cocoa Trees owns the copyright to this website. No parts of this website may be reproduced, distributed, adapted, modified, republished, displayed, hyperlinked, transmitted or framed in any manner or in any way, or be stored in an information retrieval system without the prior written permission from The Cocoa Trees.
The Cocoa Trees is a registered trademark of Focus Network Agencies (S) Pte Ltd, which cannot be used in any form, whether it is for advertising or publicity purposes, without the written permission of The Cocoa Trees and/or Focus Network Agencies (S) Pte Ltd. It is also prohibited to use The Cocoa Trees' trademark as a hyperlink to other websites.
Exclusion of Liability
The Cocoa Trees shall not be liable for any damage, loss, or expense arising from the inability to access or use this website or its materials/information due to system, server or connection failure, or even delay in transmission or computer virus. Similarly, The Cocoa Trees is not liable for damage or loss arising from access to any other websites linked to this website. Any hyperlink to any other website is not an endorsement of such a website and such a website should only be accessed at the site user’s own risk.
By accessing this website, you fully agree that the Singapore law shall govern such access as well as the above terms, and you fully agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Please take note of the following terms and conditions, with any online transaction made at The Cocoa Trees e-store.
- Once your order has been placed, you will receive an Order Confirmation email with the details of your order after the order has been processed.
- Images of products featured in e-Store are for illustration purposes only.
- Items are subject to availability at the point of purchase.
- Prices of products in e-Store may be exclusively applicable for online purchases only.
- All prices seen in the e-Store are in Singapore currency, inclusive of government tax.
- Products purchased in e-Store will be charged at the price as at the moment of sale, regardless of the delivery date.
- No alteration or cancellation of online transactions is allowed once payments have been captured through the payment gateway.
- An order which has been accepted may not be combined in whole or in part and cannot be cancelled without obtaining the prior written approval of The Cocoa Trees, which it may refuse at its absolute discretion.
- Complete and accurate information must be provided to process any online transaction.
- The Cocoa Trees is not liable for the inability to fulfil online transactions due to insufficient or inaccurate information provided.
- No payment term is allowed for all online transactions. Payment is processed via designated STRIPE payment gateway(s).
- All terms and conditions are subjected to change without prior notice and The Cocoa Trees reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters of dispute.
- e-Gift Voucher is applicable for use at The Cocoa Trees online e-store (http://www.thecocoatrees.com ) only.
- e-Gift Voucher is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase and is strictly non-extendable unless otherwise stated.
- The unutilized amount from the e-Gift Voucher will be forfeited.
- e-Gift Voucher can be used in conjunction with other promo codes.
- e-Gift Vouchers cannot be used to offset delivery charges.
- e-Gift Voucher is not exchangeable for cash or refundable.
- Please indicate the recipient's email address and your special message for the recipient under 'Customer Remarks'.
- An email indicating the total value of the purchased e-Gift Voucher(s) together with the/any special messages from the buyer and the individual voucher(s) redemption code(s), will be issued to the stated recipient’s email address.
- The Cocoa Trees reserves the right to make any changes or amendments to the terms and conditions of the e-Gift Voucher without prior notice.
All Promotions and Free Gifts
- It is your sole responsibility to select the Free Gift(s) at the promotion pop-up window during the checkout process unless otherwise stated. Failure to do so will result in the Free Gift(s) being forfeited from your order.
- Purchase with purchase promotion (if any) will not form part of the transaction to qualify for free delivery or free gifts.
- The Cocoa Trees reserves the right to forfeit the Free Gift(s) once an order is processed without the Free Gift(s) being selected.
- The Cocoa Trees reserve the right to replace the Free Gift(s) with an item of equivalent value or subject the Free Gift(s) to availability, on a while stocks last basis.
- The Cocoa Trees is not liable for the inability to fulfil online transactions due to insufficient or inaccurate information of the PROMO CODE/ FREE GIFT(S) provided.
- Promo Code(s) are not applicable with other promotions unless otherwise stated.
Free delivery with a minimum spends of $60 (usual $80) nett and above unless otherwise stated during a promotional campaign.
- A delivery fee of $8 will be charged for orders that fall below the free delivery qualifier.
- Delivery is within Singapore only. The Cocoa Trees does not accept and carry out overseas delivery for all online transactions.
- Delivery to Alps Avenue, Changi Cargo Complex/Ferry Terminal, Airport Link, Jurong Island, Lim Chu Kang, MID Bases, Sentosa, Senoko, Sembawang Park, Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, Tuas View Extension will not be accepted.
- Fulfilment of orders will be carried out 3 working days from order placement, from Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) based on the time slot (9 am - 10 pm), subject to changes.
- As we seek to meet your preferred delivery date and time, there may be a delay in deliveries during festive and sales periods.
- No alteration to delivery is allowed upon order placement.
- If you instruct delivery to leave the purchase of our heat-sensitive products* at venues that do not have air-conditioning, please note that the quality of these products may be affected and The Cocoa Trees will not be liable.
- You are the owner of the items purchased from our website once we have received full payment. The items purchased will be your responsibility from the time we deliver them to the address you have provided.
- The Cocoa Trees are not liable for delay in delivery due to force majeure events.
#In the event of a force majeure where it constitutes either a natural disaster, pandemic, or global health emergency situation, please expect a delay in your delivery as we are facing considerable challenges in our warehouse operations in light of the safety measures taken.
#The Cocoa Trees reserves the right to alter the delivery date / delay the delivery or subject the order to cancellation due to force majeure.
Note: During peak periods there may be a slight delay when processing your orders for delivery. Do be rest assured that we will try our best to minimize this delay and update you accordingly. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- Self-collection is available at The Cocoa Trees Warehouse Outlet (Level 1) from 10:00 am - 4:30 pm.
103 Defu Lane 10, FNA Group Building, Level 1, Warehouse Outlet, Singapore, 539223
- No minimum spending is required for self-collection.
- Please proceed to the cashier counter, or approach any member of our staff for assistance. Do bring along the Shipment Confirmation email (printout or digital copy) to collect your order.Note: You may ask someone to collect the order on your behalf. He/She will need to present a copy of the Shipment Confirmation email for the collection.
- Please collect your orders within 9 days of placing your orders for self-collection.
- No alteration/cancellation to order is allowed upon order placement.
- Fulfilment of orders will be carried out 2 working days from order placement, from Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) based on the time slot, subject to changes.
- You are the owner of the items purchased from our website once we have received full payment. The items purchased will be your responsibility from the time we deliver them to the warehouse outlet to await your collection.
Product refunds are applicable only with valid reasons subject to the absolute discretion of The Cocoa Trees. Please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 working days from the date of purchase with the following details:
a. Your order number
b. The matter of the issue (e.g. refund item)
c. The batch number found on the product packaging
d. Pictures or videos, whichever applicable
Note: Chocolates are sensitive to heat and storage conditions. Refer to no.11. on storage and handling.
Incorrect or Defective Products
We are very sorry and we would like to make it up to you!
Please drops us an email to email@example.com within 7 working days from the date of purchase with the following details:
a. Your order number
b. The matter of the issue (e.g. incorrect/defective item)
c. The batch number found on the product packaging
d. Pictures or videos, whichever applicable
Chocolates Handling and Storage
The Cocoa Trees would not be liable for negligence in dealings with the products or mishandling or misuse of the products.
*Chocolates should be stored in the following proper conditions:
a. Away from excessive heat or humidity
b. Ideal temperatures between 14° and 20° Celsius
c. Tightly wrapped and away from strong odours
d. Store in a cool, dark and dry place
In the event that a product becomes unavailable for whatever reason after an order is accepted, The Cocoa Trees reserves the right to process the other products in your order. This is because, we work towards bringing you a wholesome online experience. If any item you have ordered is not in the confirmation, it is with much regret that we inform you that the said item is unavailable. Special offers are valid only while stocks last. We reserve the right to reject, and/or limit quantities on any order received.
We do not warrant that any product, service, description, photograph, pricing or other information is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. In the event of an error, whether on the Online Services, in an order confirmation, in processing an order, delivering a product or service or otherwise, we reserve the right, to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, to correct such error and revise your order accordingly, if necessary (including, but not limited to, to charge the correct price), or to cancel the order and refund any amount charged. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, your sole and exclusive remedy in the event of any such error is to cancel your order and obtain a refund.
Pricing and Product Information
Whilst every effort is made to fulfil orders in terms of price, weight, and/or description through, errors may occur and we do not guarantee that the pricing, product, weight, and/or promotional information provided will be accurate, current, updated, or complete. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that
- product pictures on The Cocoa Trees website are provided to help you recognise the products, but due to packaging redesign and improvements, these may not reflect exactly the product you receive;
- not all products, will correspond exactly to the photographs and description on The Cocoa Trees website;
We shall not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, or inconvenience suffered in the event that we are unable to fulfil any order for whatever reason.